Recalling the Green-headed Tanager


What a week this has been! Between the deadlines, headlines, equipment malfunctions, wardrobe malfunctions, poisonous snakes, stepped-on rakes, event planning, e-mail spamming, deal making, wind breaking, close calls with spotty fawns, hissing of summer lawns, I am wondering where the past five days went?

That's a question with no answer. Like this one: Where does your lap go when you stand up?
To Lappland? Methinks it is so.

So I find myself taking solace in memories. Like this green-headed tanager from Brazil which I photographed last summer near Ubatuba. He's a handsome devil. And if I close my eyes, I can almost smell the woodsmoke and hear the soft sounds of the bossa nova drifting through the trees.

Bring on the weekend and let it linger long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post