Studded

If you've been following my blog for even the shortest period of time you've likely noticed that I like to mix studded elements into my outfits. I've recently added a new piece to my wardrobe that many of you have likely seen and some of you probably even own.  Before we get to it - here's a glimpse into my love for studded perfection.  This might be a good recap for my new readers...Welcome everyone!

The Matt Bernson KM Gladiators are one of my absolute favorite pairs of shoes.  This will be their 3rd year with me and they are still my go-to summer sandal:


By adding studs Matt Bernson takes the bad ass factor of the shoe up a notch.  The shoe itself does the same to a more feminine or casual outfit.  You've seen me wear them here and here with sheer glee.  If you are considering I would highly recommend you take the leap.  Remorse Factor = next to zero.

If you're in the market for a brown option, Matt's Barracuda is another excellent option and it's got just a little more stud to it:


Look at the sun catching that one stud on the right giving it just a little gleam!  These ones are entering their second summer and they go great with simple summer dresses or a pair of shorts.  Even though it's been very cool I've paired them with a jersey dress and military jacket for a late afternoon dinner and loved the way the shoes added a spark to the outfit.

And then there's the Alexander Wang Coco.  Remember the story of how I got this bag for my birthday last year?  Complete shock.



That story still brings a tear to my eye - and so does the bag.  The studs are what make the bag.  FACT

And how about the freaking bare-bottomed denim debacle that almost left the Chef  in a muted state.  Neither one of us has fully recovered, but we both agree the rewards of the battle were worth it given this $35 studded score:


This vest has been worn several times already with shorts, dresses and leggings.  It is extremely versatile and adds the perfect punch of za-za-zoo to a very basic outfit (of which I own many).  I almost consider it an accessory.

And finally - how about this little baby?  I paired it with the Lemlem Tiru Tunic and got so many compliments on this particular outfit.


At the end of the day I think it was the soft breeziness of the tunic contrasted with the sharp studded element of Rebecca Minkoff's Studded Rocker that really brought the look home.

Sometimes when people think of studs they think hard or harsh, and I hope these images prove that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.  My newest addition is super simple, but has been a show-stopper each time I've worn them.  J.Crew's Redwood Misfit Chino Short - studded, of course - and coincidentally paired with a belt by Old Stud Handmade.


Without the studs the shorts would still have a wonderful worn-in look and feel to them.  But with the studs added along the pockets it makes them just a little edgy - and the color couldn't be a more perfect compliment for the style.


Notice the worn spots on the shorts and the fray along the hemline.  How brilliant is that?  And the addition of the studs just knocks the shorts right out of the proverbial ballpark.  I had two women stop me on Sunday to ask if these were Current/Elliott.  Woop woop!  Nope!


That day I opted to keep it pretty simple and threw on a simple James Perse white v-neck, a pair of fringed Dolce Vita sandals from last year, and a light denim safari jacket I picked up at J.Crew (I think last summer?).


If the sun ever manages to emerge for more than 10 minutes here at the beach I might actually achieve a tan and the shorts will look even better.  I plan to pair them with a high wooden wedge and a nice blousy button-up for an evening out.


But in the meantime I'm more than content with the laid-back, casual vibe they give off because the studs make me feel like I've dressed up a little even if I'm just running out to the store.  They're on sale right now at J.Crew and if you don't see your size - don't despair!  Call the item locator person and they will find and ship your size to you. 

If you're interested in adding some of the studded element to your wardrobe this summer you might want to consider this super cute summer dress/tunic by T-Bags, this amazing Gryphon jacket (that will go on sale), these hawt Ash wedges, or how about this belt by Madewell or a Free People bracelet (have and love btw).  I'd direct you to this Marni bag, but it sold out within a day of being posted (as she breathes a bitter sigh of relief on behalf of the pocketbook).  Take it as a sign though...it's a pre-fall bag meaning this trend will be around for awhile longer.

You know, there is certain je ne sais quoi about a bunch of studs that, when added to a piece of clothing, a pair of shoes, a handbag or really any accessory, - breathes new life into an outfit. Do you think it could be the bling factor? I mean we are girls after all...And what are your thoughts - studs or no studs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post