Share The Love: Answered Tags

Recently I was tagged by three lovely ladies and wanted to dedicate today's post to spotlighting their blogs and answering their questions.  When I started blogging just a few short months ago I didn't realize the camaraderie that would await me.  It is especially nice to be given fun awards and tags by fellow bloggers - learning and sharing more about one another in the process.  So without further ado I'll cut to the chase and get answering. 

Have you visited Heather at A measure of...?  She is a tremendous writer, an insightful person and has become someone I consider a friend.  We found each other before the Cuppie Challenge, of which Heather was the winner of my leg.  She recently showed Cuppie a tremendous time around Puerto Natales, Patagonia, Chile where she lives with her husband Serkan and their fetus (and yes I realize I am entirely inappropriate, but it's late and I'm beyond the point of stressed out).  Recently Heather gave me the Versatile Blogger Award.


I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself and tag 15 other blogs.  Okay - you're all tagged because I'm exhausted, my house is a full-on episode of hoarders, my birthday (aka d-day) is Thursday and my bff is coming to stay.  I'm to the brim.  Let's hug it out and whoever wants to, share it up!  Share something about yourself in the comments or 7 things in a post.  I think you're all tremendously versatile!


7 Things About Me:  I can spare you having to read a book...Not too long ago I answered these questions here.  Woop!  Click on over and take a look!

---------------
Next up is Stacey.  She is the mind behind Design Addict Mom.   I love to visit her blog and take in all the tremendous design photos she finds.  It truly is amazing.  Stacey also has a clear love for her family, and it really shines through in her posts.  Her blog is personable and informative - like visiting with a friend.  She tagged me on the Super Comments Award.

Here's the Q/A:

1. Why did you start blogging/why do you blog? Different reasons.  For years people had been stopping to ask me where I got a certain something or other.  Several times people encouraged me to start a blog - so after 3 or 4 years of procrastinating, I did.  Here I am!  Why do I continue?  I'm a creative person with a stressful job and blogging allows me to express myself and be creative.  It's a great place to channel all my extra energy.

2.  What are your 3 Best Memories?  Going to Europe in High School with several of my best friends and my kooky French teacher, the day I first saw the home I rented on the island I lived on in Washington State (it was beyond a dream come true - craftsman style, had undergone complete reno yet retained all original charm, and had water view out of every.single.window.), and the day I realized I had actually started my own business.

3. Name 2 of the Best Fiction Books You've Read (I'll give one fiction and one non):
  • Fiction:  Without a Map by Meredith Hall
  •  Non-Fiction:  Smashed:  Story of a Drunken Girlhood by Koren Zailckas (arguably one of the best books I have ever read).
*I've read a ton of books and these are two that came immediately to mind.

4.  What are the 5 Best Movies Ever Made?  Gah!  I don't know.  I love movies so will list 5 of my faves - some will be totally cliche, but it's complete truth:
  • The Shawshank Redemption:  I've seen it a bazillion times and always walk away with a pearl of wisdom, crying my eyes out at the end.  "I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."  ...Pardon me while I go get the tissues.
  • Up in the Air.  Yes it was a relatively recent release, but George Clooney's character is, essentially, me.  The movie completely spoke to me.
  • Singin' In The Rain.  Simply amazing movie.
  • Napoleon Dynamite.  Don't judge.
  • A Mighty Heart:  The Daniel Pearl Story.  That story/movie really shook me up and I don't even care much for Jolie.
  • Oh, and I have to mention Goonies and The Breakfast Club because they are classics!!
5. 5 Things I Can't Live Without:
There's nothing I can't live without.  Really.  I've had some crazy things happen to me in my life and I guess the only thing I could not survive without would be my faith in God.  For sure.

6.  If You Could Change Your Name What Would It Be?  Felicity (my fave tv show of all time!!).  BAHAHA!!  Kidding.  Seriously though I like my name.  No changes here. :)

7.  Unique and Interesting Fact About Me:  I don't know.  Is anything really unique anymore?  I grew up on a farm on the prairies in Canada, and rode the school bus to school for 2 hours in the am/pm for 12 years.  I think it's why I don't get rattled by traffic.

8.  If I had a Freaky Friday Experience Who Would I Change Places With?: Oprah.  And I would stir some things UP.  I'd be helping people so fast she wouldn't have a nickel left by the time we switched back.

9.  What is the Best Thing About Being a Woman?  That our roles are constantly changing/evolving and my generation is really the first to pave the way in regards to balancing career and having a family.  A lot of us have waited too long or are on the verge of having waited too long as a result of savoring careers we couldn't have had without the women who came before us - and now these brave women are leading the way in IVF and alternative methods - while simultaneously sending the message to start a family just a little bit earlier to avoid stress and heartache.  All the way around it is a wonderful thing.  I love when women stick together vs. attacking one another.  The sisterhood amongst women can be an incredible thing. 


Whew!! Is anyone even left with me??
---------------
Finally, Lisa from Respect the Shoes (don't you just love that name?? - Lisa cracks me up daily and I'll bet she's cracking up several of you as well) tagged me on 8 random questions as follows:


1.  If you could be any heroine who would you pick and why?  Wonder Woman.  I love the bracelets that deflect the bullets. So B.A. 

2.  What is your favorite article of clothing and why?  Don't have one single item.  Pretty much anything James Perse because I live in the stuff since I work at home.  I do have a beautiful Rebecca Taylor silk dress that has a special place in my heart, too.

3.  What is one of the proudest moments of your life?  Getting my Green Card.  Hands down.

4.  Name your favorite food.  Chocolate.  And then bacon wrapped dates.  And then habanero salsa.  Seriously, this is a brutal question.  I'm not even sure chocolate's my favorite.  Now I'm thinking about a risotto the Chef makes.  And pavlova!! I gotta stop this question!!   Wingstop!  uh-oh.  It's on!

5.  Who is your favorite Real Housewife of the entire series?  I plead the 5th.

6.  What were you doing one hour ago?  Eating a drumstick (ice cream) and then a turkey taco.  It's dessert first around here.

7.  Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?  No.  I can't.  It depends on the mood.  If it's Frozen Yogurt I'm still a Pinkberry fan all the way.  Ixnay on the kid hands in the toppings at Yogurtland (gag), but sometimes I just neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed World Class Chocolate from Baskin-Robbins or Banana with Heath Bar from Coldstone.  

8.  What's your favorite cheesy joke?  This is crazy, but I can't even think of one.  I've been sitting here for half an hour dreading this question.  Help!!  I'm not much of a joke person.  That was my little bro - I think he drove me too crazy with them. hehe


I'm wiped and have to go to bed.   Thanks for bearing with me!!  And take a visit to all three ladies who tagged me!  They're rad!  Rather than selecting a bunch of blogs to pass on to (because there are so many I read and love and I don't want to leave anyone out) - how about if you follow me and are interested in accepting any of these awards and answering the corresponding set of questions - just go ahead!  It's great to learn more about you and I love reading through these types of posts.


xoxo,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post