Pennywise? Is That You in the Drain?

Today started out with mad buckets of rain before the sun was even up.  De-lish!  I love a good rain storm and immediately rolled over and went back to sleep to wait for the 8:15 alarm.  Cue thunder and lightning - so instead I just laid there in my cozy bed, covers pulled up around my ears, listening to a storm we aren't usually so lucky to get here in Southern California.  By noon it still hadn't let up, so I walked out of my office, opened the front door and stood there a moment before grabbing the camera as the rain poured down.

Crazy, huh?  You can totally see the flooding along the sidewalk.

By late afternoon I was in a full-on mood for comfort food so before the Yankees game could start (heeelp me)  we ran out to grab some essential ingredients in the midst of a torrential downpour.  

Have you ever read Stephen King's "It"?  I gotta say - that book had me looking under the bed, down the sink, in the pipes, and over my shoulder for months.  I could barely glance at an old newspaper or yearbook for years without thinking an image was going to speak to me.  And storm drains?  Oh hell no.  I would cross to the other side of the street.  Yet I have to admit - even as I was crossing I would be looking back over my shoulder to see if Pennywise the Dancing Clown was staring back at me from the drain, holding out a balloon to entice me, just waiting to rip my freaking arm out of the socket!!

 What was that Pennywise?  You want me to hand you the lid 
to your soda?  Nice try bitch - I don't think so.

You in there? I hear the circus music...

NOT FUNNY CHEF!! (my bf for those who just started following)

Okay funny haha you got me.  Just don't do it again.
Especially not while the neighbor's watching me from his front porch 
as I stare into the drain hollering for Pennywise.  Good grief.

I see you trying to pass me the fake shoe that'll 
turn into a big moth and chew my face off, Pennywise!
(He knew your greatest fears and used them to terrorize you to death!!)

The funny thing is though, Pennywise could morph into all kinds of different
things - whatever IT needed in order to get rid of you.
One minute I'm standing on the sidewalk.
The next a truck comes zooming up out of nowhere and, 
despite ample room to park all over the street, 
it veers up onto the sidewalk directly behind me!!
Coincidence?  I think not...IT!
 
One of my favorite things about the story is how it brings a group of misfit kids together and paints a picture of the bonds of unbreakable friendship (amidst ultimate childhood nightmares come true - thanks Stephen King).  Along the way the group learns that it is what they believe will work that ultimately succeeds when they come up against the thing itself...which means I'm going to make like Eddie and sleep with an asthma inhaler under my pillow from now until the trauma of 'It' memories subside.  If I think of it as bleach in the eyes - then it can be.

Outfit details:  Wooden Ships-Beanie, A&F-Sweater, A&F-Scarf, Splendid-Leggings, Kate Spade-Rain boots, TK Bags-Handbag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post