Revelations From a Rooftop

I've got a confession to make:  I am absolutely uninspired by my wardrobe at present.  Whenever I think about an outfit post I enter the closet, become depressed, turn and walk out.  The solution is not buying more things to make an outfit.  Of that I am certain.  It doesn't take much to walk through Saks, Barneys or Bloomingdales (*or insert any retailer here*), buy a bunch of labels and put an outfit together - let's face it - it's label land.  It's just that, well, all of that has suddenly become very bland to me.  I think I'm having an existential closet crisis. 

Last week, after staring at Olivia Palermo's $1200 $895 (red alert friends!  I just got a note regarding price reduction!) Daryl K leather pants (Daryl K are you out there?  Carrie loves your pants and is a total hypocrite after her above statement, but still means every word) I decided that I, too, must find my way into something similar.  This led, of course, to a significantly less expensive pair at H&M - which I love nonetheless.  It took everything in me not to throw then on with a fave Tank Farm T, but I wasn't going to a metal concert or a biker bar.  Maybe next time. 
James Perse Cotton/Cashmere - Sweater Coat, T by Alexander Wang, H&M - Pants,
Elizabeth and James - Boss Haircalf Western Booties 
Suffice it to say this won't be the last you see of these booties.
I envision them with skinny denim and a plaid flannel - due to wardrobe block
I haven't gotten beyond that part.  sigh
James Perse really does have some of the finest craftsmanship out there.
This sweater coat is one of my favorite things.
Free People Necklace.  Perfect mixture of clunky and junky with a feminine touch.
See even though I do love this outfit, something in me is just missing a bit more pizazz - a bit more creativity and off-the-wallness.  I'm feeling rather labeled out these days.  It's actually making me tired...has someone slipped something into my tea?

I feel a hippie phase coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post