Free People for Wee People!

This weekend was so blustery, rainy and cold we could barely drag ourselves out of the house.  Saturday's whistling wind kept me under the covers until almost noon...too lazy (and freezing) to get out of bed and race down the hallway to turn up the heat.  Wind + rain + cold = perfect conditions for an internet shopping storm (did you see that Rebecca Taylor dress from Saturday's post?? help.me.now).  It's becoming increasingly difficult to ignore the fact that Christmas is around the corner, and I have approximately 2 gifts purchased. Eeps!

Rather than get too wound up swooning and crying over things no longer available in my size, I found myself shopping for my niece who is basically amazing and, at 5 years of age, already possessing a very unique sense of style.

 She's a little bit hippie (with a side of sparkly Doc Martens boot).
A whole lotta lovely.
 And can rock a self-chosen mix of animal prints 
better than any girl I know.
(leopard print juicy couture jacket c/o auntie carrie)
First day outfit and she threw on that jacket and the zebra flats fearlessly!! 
(swallows homesick lump in throat)

Her eclectic taste and love for things outside the regular rules of kid fashion led me straight to Free People's new Wee People line.  It is so fun and completely Free People-ish...I can't wait to pick up a few things.  Check out some of the items I'm eyeballing:

They're like mini boyfriend jeans!!
My niece is not so much a denim fan yet though :(
She does, however, LOVE fur!
Can you imagine this thrown over that T and jeans?
 Or how about the Thumbelina Sweater Coat to mix it up?
How adorable!!
She could swing this little Fringe Purse on over top...
Toss on her Metallic Clogs
and be off to school, gymnastics or a rad birthday party!!

Then again it IS winter in Canada so she may have to carry
those fabulous clogs along and put them on when she arrives.
But that's no problem.  She can still keep warm and 
in super style with these Wooly Mammoth Boots!!!
Karl Lagerfeld?  Are you out there?

I don't know about you, but I think Free People has knocked it out of the park with this new line.  It is almost entirely sold out.  My fingers are crossed for re-stocking within the next couple weeks so that a few treasures can be added just in time for Christmas.  If you have little girls to buy for take a hop over to their site and get ready to have some fun.  Giving gifts is fun as it is, but when you can really get creative for kids it's even better.

Happy Monday everyone!  Anyone done with Holiday shopping?  I'm almost afraid to ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post