What to Give/What to Get

For the past few weeks I've been reading the wonderful gift guides on so many of your blogs and discovering so many treasures.  Yet because of work and life and chaos, there seems to have been little time to really sit down and think about what to give my family and friends.  This week reality has set in that I have next to no time left - and suffice it to say panic is in the house.  Usually my Christmas/Holiday shopping is complete by the 1st of December, so this is unfamiliar territory and I don't like it.  Today when my mother asked me what I was hoping for all that came to mind was a blank slate.

So tonight I gave some thought as to what I would be happy to find under the tree - and also what I would like to give to some of my girlfriends.  This may be the only "gift guide" I do and it's not in fancy format, but if even one of these treats appears on Christmas morning it will be great...and thankfully I've already picked a couple up for friends.

Kerastase Nutridefense 
This mask is my go-to:  I use it once or twice a week and
it saves my hair from becoming frizzy or dried out.
At $58 I'd be happy if someone gave it to me
so I could save my wallet.
It's a gift every female friend or family member
will use, love and appreciate.

JADEtribe Panada
I have a serious affection for JADEtribe (see story here).
These wristlets are made overseas by women in 
Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.
I will support any business that empowers women...
and am especially in love with the bright colors and boho-vibe of 
JADEtribe's pieces.  

As you all know Dean Davidson is one of my favorite jewelry designers.
Aside from being an incredible Canadian talent (go home team!) he is a 
kind and down-to-earth guy whose rings are so unique.
I've dropped a bunch of hints on this one.

 
I've mentioned this more than once and include it in my list whenever
anyone asks for a few different ideas on what to get me for any occasion.
It is a true indulgence - if you have any level of stress in your 
life then a good soak in a tub containing a few caps of Sake Bath
will ease your troubled mind.  At least one person
gets a bottle from me every year at the holidays.

While you're in the tub, how about a candle?  
For some reason I've got it bad for skulls this year.  
Don't ask me why, but suddenly I think they're the coolest things.
I already picked this up for myself along with the Skull Snuffer.
They'll look great on my desk after I open them :)
I think they're fun gifts for friends, too.

This is another fave I've mentioned before...I've actually
gifted this to clients of mine who have loved both pieces.  If you 
have a tea lover on your list, this set is just a wonderful gift.
Package it up with some blooming tea from Teavana and you 
have a gift that will be loved and used all year round.

Say what you will but these mothers are at the top
of my list.  I want a pair so bad.
This is a 100% organic cotton knit sock on a biodegradable sole.
They're a cross between a legging and a boot and are
meant to be worn both indoor and outdoor.
I'm crazy for leggings/leg warmers  
(Flashdance anyone? The dream will never die)
and these fit the bill perfectly.  They come in a
plethora of colors and my toes feel cozy just thinking 
about them!!

Okay you guys that's as far as I've gotten.  My eyes are slits and I'm heading to bed (it's midnight on Wednesday morning) because tomorrow is another crazy work day and the tree is still not decorated although the lights are working (at present).  I'm trying to slow it down a notch and have a ton of stuff to do before I leave for Canada next week.  How is it that the days are suddenly speeding by?


All I want to do is relax by a decorated tree before nodding off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post