Denim on Denim: The Call of the Peacock

As a self-professed lover of denim it pains me to admit I don't believe I've donned it in combination for at least 5 years.  While some of you are wildly cheering, all I can think of is outfits lost to days gone by.  Somewhere along the way the mere expression began to conjure images of Hee-Haw and cowboys and, well, not much that's attractive.  Epic fail for the denim aficionado.

While out on Saturday I spotted the prettiest chambray, ruffled sleeve blouse ever.  Quite naturally I immediately envisioned the top with my new favorite pintucked wide leg denim (last seen here) - those things have been getting mad play around here lately.  That being said, there was still a moment of hesitation...denim on denim?  Wth am I thinking?  I'll tell you what I'm thinking - brilliance, that's what!  Apparently this pairing is a bird call of sorts as well because when I threw on the outfit for a Sunday drive in a not-yet-explored neighborhood suffice it to say flocks of peacocks came out of nowhere.  And no I am not high!  Examine it for yourselves.

Imagine driving down the street, glancing out the window and randomly seeing
this bird perched on the side of a house?
Me:  What the hell?  Take a look at that thing!  Is that a real peacock??
Chef:  (laughing while looking straight ahead)
Me:  (smack on arm) Brake, BRAKE! 
Chef:  (glancing over) hehehaWHOA!!  It IS!
Look at them - roaming about rooftops.  Unbelievable!
So is my top by the way...
There's no denying denim on denim can be brilliant...
It's all in how you mix the washes and textures.
 The birds agreed...never take your eyes off one or it could
end up in your hair.  Not good.
Outfit details:  Gap - Tie Neck Blouse and Wide Leg Trouser Jeans, Old Stud Handmade - Belt, 
Brooklyn Thread - Trio of Wood Bracelet, Motif 56 - Bracelet, Melinda Maria - Rings, Target - Sunnies, Cynthia Vincent Wedges

Okay so how are you feeling about the denim on denim?  I was thinking this could be an upcoming challenge...what do you think?  As far as the blouse - it was discovered at Gap and correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to have gotten some of their old mojo back.  I noticed this long sleeve version online and am picking it up to wear with a pair of cream colored wide leg flowy pants, a strappy sandal and an up-do.  Oh spring - are you out there?  

Before I go, can you imagine these peacocks?  It was like a day at the zoo without the boundaries of the zoo walls, and only cool until we went to drive away and there were about 25 of them roosting in one yard.  A little too Alfred Hitchcocky for this girl thank you very much.  All things in moderation.  Speaking of which we did get more pictures, but I'll upload them to facebook later today when I get the page up.  Caving in to yet more social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post