Restaurant Update...Pass the Knick Knacks

Okay am I the only one out there who is so glad it's Friday they wanna marry it?  This week went by in a blur of boxes piled everywhere, hectic days at work, the car locked in the garage, and yesterday morning a gas leak.  Yes friends I said gas leak.  Just what I need:  to kick off in the confines of my own home without one last swig of Don Julio on a Friday night.

Seriously though:  gas leak = no bueno

Thankfully it's all fixed, however the car is still in the garage.  One thing at a time, Carrie - this has become my mantra.  I do believe the Chef and I are chanting it in our various locales throughout the day.  He's up to his eyeballs in renos and building codes and inspectors, so it's been a wild one.  Here's to a light at the end of the tunnel for each of us.  In the meantime here are a few pictures of what's going on.  This was very early in the week and I kinda got wound up in the artifacts so this is less progress and more me making a mental note of things I wanna cart out of the place.  Is there such a thing as Asian boho chic when discussing interiors?

 Here's what it was....
Aaaaaaand....
Here's what's left of it. Pretty much cleared out.
They primed the ceiling today so I have to get in there for some more update pictures.
And to make sure no one runs off with (read:  the Chef is persuaded to sell)
that dragon.  Not sure where I'll put him, but he's pretty cool.
As is this fabulous screen.  Mother of Pearl!  On the screen and also one of my
fave expressions however that alone may not be grounds enough to escape with it.

Whatever the case may be hopefully I'll have time to bust over there and get some more updates before the end of next week.  What do you guys have planned for the weekend? Saturday will find me glued to the maison as I try to get the clutter out from in front of the television so as to resume the 30 Day Shred.  I'm actually terrified of the pending pain of diving back in.  *ouch* *ouch* *ouch*  Perhaps I'll make time to take in some fresh air, but that would involve taking a shower and readying myself for public and right now I'm all about a nap.  Have a great one whatever you do.  Oh and if you're going to Coachella - steer clear of the vomit piles and don't forget your deodorant.  Good luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post