Bright Bag Small City

Rarely does a weekend go by when the Chef and I aren't racing the clock trying to squeeze an outfit picture in. Truth is, without him there would be no outfit pictures (yes i'm having a moment).  I'm uncomfortable enough as it is and pretty much wither up at the thought of lugging around a tripod (which coincidentally I don't even own - go figure).  When I started blogging last spring time was a luxury because he was still searching out restaurant locations - now he's mere weeks from being open and it's a completely different scenario.  To say we're stretched thin is pretty tame.

Sunday was such a treat. We spent the whole day together, had a leisurely mani-pedi - hey the guy is on his feet non-stop and has custom built so many things for his new place he deserved it - relaxed over lunch and then kicked it into high gear to get the pictures done.  After driving around aimlessly, for what seemed like forever, we haul out both kind of frazzled, and suddenly I got the giggles.  There we were on the bloody sidewalk in a hoity-toity part of the neighborhood where you know people were wondering what we were doing and I just lost it.  I was like 'what the hell was I thinking starting this thing? Look at us. I am standing here in 5 inch purple velvet heels that I never would have dreamed of wearing 18 months ago and you're laying on the sidewalk.  What is happening to us?'  We rolled.  It was the best day yet.

~Gap-Leather Jacket and Denim Trousers (first seen here), La Befana-Silk Blouse, 
J.Crew-Belt, Curly in the City-Clutch, Tom Ford-Sunnies, Melinda Maria Jewelry~
Moments earlier...not so composed.  Okay not composed at all.
How about that sassy clutch?  Taylor from Curly in the City started an Etsy shop and can't
keep them in stock. She makes an animal print version, too.  Brace.
I love the contrasting turquoise zipper.  
My purple shoes are in favor, too :)
Not sure what I was thinking when I didn't get these Jessica Simpson Dany's in tan.  
They were $39 on sale! 

Hope your weekends were bright and cheery.  I don't know about you, but I am so excited for the upcoming long weekend.  Only four days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post