Fly Away Pants

Where to begin, where to begin.  I realize I spend an incredible amount of time waxing on about Free People, but I honestly just can't help it.  There is rarely a time when I glance at their online shop or visit a store and don't find something that is truly unique and a blast from the past.  If you get their catalogues then you know firsthand how well they capture a moment, an item, and your wallet.  Which is exactly what happened when I saw their Extreme Vintage Flares.

It all started while I was prepping for my tax appointment aka tax showdown 2011.  In order to get myself through the paper sorting process I do not allow for lollygagging of any sort including internet browsing, catalogue shopping or cookie baking.  If there is one thing I know about myself it is procrastination rules at tax time.  Just prior to t-day I happened to get an email from Free People bearing no other than the Extreme Vintage Flares.  Unable to contain myself as images of Gene Simmons and the Bay City Rollers flooded my mind I found myself clicking over completely disobeying my own rules.  

pause. stare. pause.

*internal struggle ensues as disobedience to rules carries on*

'the papers aren't sorted and the appointment is tomorrow.  but what if they sell out? they're not going to sell out.  they might sell out! (said in pleading voice to self)' rinse and repeat.

Long story short I purchased the pants immediately after the appointment.  We'll skip the part where they ran out of inventory and I had to track them down at a store.  Victory was mine and that's all that matters.  
~H&M Blazer, TuckerxTarget Butterfly Cami, Free People Extreme Vintage Flares, 
Old Stud Handmade Belt, Sorial Handbag, can't remember the sunnies~
Up Close
Note swooshing pant legs.
Not my car.  Just loved this shot.  And the pants.

I've been staring at them in my closet for a month which provided ample time to think of different ways to wear them.  It would be predictable for me to roll out in the Winter Kate fringe vest, which I'll do later anyway, so given the brisk air I dressed them up a little with a soft pink linen blazer (the one I stalked down at H&M's from here to kingdom come) and ta-da.  Gotta say I love the look and random passersby did, too.  One of the few times I wasn't self-conscious taking the pictures.  It was all about the pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post