Girl on the Go: Part Deux

*If blogger calves out on me this time prepare for mass exodus from the blog world:  party of Carrie.*

Despite having only one tiny project left on my desk, I still seem to have more things to do in a day than time allows for.  How is this possible? (ahem, naps) Yesterday morning the Chef and I were going over some odds and ends when suddenly we looked at the clock and realized we had somewhere to be in under an hour.  Two words:  not pretty.  As much as I like to comb my hair and think over an outfit, apparently those days are over. Thankfully during closet purge 2011--which may in fact take all of 2011 at the rate I'm going--I came across a couple of my favorite summer staples:  J.Crew sunwashed skirts from what? 5 years ago?  I stocked up on those mothers and basically live in them during the warmer months.  It's not always cute outfit time here at the bird, people.  This is life in motion.

Here's a peek into an average day these days:
Woman has 10 minutes to get ready.  
Slaps on go-to skirt, tank & scans 14 denim jackets while hanging off 
side of bed to look in full length mirror.
 Boyfriend tries not to lose it.
Making a final selection while bf waits outside woman emerges with keys in hand
muttering in annoyed tone, "damn deck, yes you have your keys, needs a cocktail, windy again".
*note to self: stop furrowing brow*
Seizing the day, woman notes bf on side of deck that has been destroyed by derelict no-show
painters (thanks again landlord) and begs him to take a look "at that bloody mess...can you imagine??"
aka can you pleeeeeeeease help me someday *hint hint*?
Exhibit A + a side of exasperated look on woman's face.
No time to dilly dally boyfriend uses his skills to rush woman off the deck.  
This is the look of :  are you trying to avoid helping me?  
You know I know what you're trying to do now don't you??
O-kay fine we can figure it out later. * huge sigh*
Racing down stairs woman says in smug tone, 'If you're in such a hurry why am I in front of you?'
Boyfriend laughs maniacally spotting tear in girlfriend's denim jacket.
What-ever I already knew that. 
Somewhere in Canada girl's mother screams at daughter stepping on backs of sneakers.
Total no-no back in the day.  So liberating to be an adult.  Love you Mom!
Looking up woman sees neighbors are still parking parallel to the garage.  
Wait a second they got married...and the wife wrote this on the side of his vehicle?
Newsflash:  no one wants an ill-mannered guy that can't park.  He's all yours.
*shakes head*

My arm's going numb.  I'm not sure if it's from the carpal tunnel or seeing this nonsense.  Either way I returned late in the afternoon and proceeded to lie on the couch watching Casey Anthony trial coverage for hours before drifting off to nap land.  I could get used to doing nothing...if only it wasn't for the bills. Maybe Nancy Grace needs an assistant.  Dream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post