In a Pinch

It's official I did miss my calling:  throwing outfits together in a minute or less has been confirmed as one of my gifts. Who knew? Suffice it to say, as I'm pretty sure I say every weekend, the weekend went by far too quickly.  It's as though the clock speeds up as soon as Friday afternoon hits.  Apparently peoples' brains fall out of their heads at record speed on Sunday nights as well.  The ding-a-ling neighbors took it upon themselves to get in a screaming match with another neighbor who kindly asked them to move their hanging-in-the-alley-inconsiderately-and-horribly-parallel-parked-vehicles so that the other person could get out of their garage.

Response:  We pay for this space so it's not our problem.  

Are you for real?  

Honestly my heart (and ears) just bled.  How on earth can you be so nasty to someone you have clearly wronged and are completely inconveniencing?  Truth be told I'm still baffled sitting here thinking about it.  I don't know how it all played out in the end, but I don't think it was pleasant.  This is not Beverly Hills so they had seriously better wise up.  People don't play down here.  You might get away with a little childish writing on someone's car in West LA, but not in my neighborhood. Word

Anyway.  There's a little neighbor update for ya. It's been quiet on that front because a. I'm trying to avoid them and b. My activities have ranged from exhausted and hanging off the couch to exhausted and racing out the door.  Carrie needs a break (preferably not a breakdown thank you very much).

Back to the outfit.  I guess we're going to start calling the outfit portion of this blog "Beat the Clock" or "How Many Different Ways Can You Try Not to Kill Yourself While Trying to Pull Yourself Together In Under 5 Minutes In Order to Get a Quick Picture".  Queen of the run on sentences in the house! On Saturday afternoon I had 752 errands to run when the Chef dropped the bomb that he had a limited window to take the picture.  Welp, here's to killing 752 birds with one big a** stone -- Carrie live and comin' at you from outside the water brewery.  Exciting times here at the bird. yawwwwn
So many of my favorite things all in one--the makings of the best outfits, right?
Zara-Blazer, James Perse-Tanks, Belt-Flea Market Find, Shorts-Current/Elliott, 
Foley+Corinna-Mid-City Tote (four years old and still an all time fave), 
Motif 56, PANYC & Bhati Beads-Bracelets, Melinda Maria and MarcxMarc-Rings
Uh-oh stray hair at one o'clock (I'm really loving this o'clock thing of late--as I'm sure you've noticed).
Unbeknownst to me I walked around with that hair sticking out for 12 hours.
No worries though--the shoes stole the show. Show stoppers is more like it.
These Sophie Theallet for Nine West's continue to get mad play.   
I think I sent a stampede over there on Saturday.
Woman ponders deep hidden mystery:  
"Where did all my wonderful neighbors go and how can I find a way to lure them back?"

And now I bid you a good Monday.  Tomorrow I will dish on how the downstairs neighbors came home at 3am on Sunday and were so thoughtful to give me an early wake up call by running up and down the wood floors so hard I could hear them upstairs. Ahhhhhh.  The good life.  Is it too early to ask for a cocktail?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post