Leather and Leopard

There are many reasons I have long been referred to as a "free bird" by the people who know me best.  In a nutshell I'm basically a non-conformist (aka all over the place) - especially in the apparel area. What's the term?  Eclectic.  Yes, that's it.  One minute (or hour) I can be looking over a J.Crew catalogue sighing over everything I neeeeeeeed, then two minutes later you'll find me eyes glazed over contemplating the lack of boho chic in my life a la Free People (and don't even get me started on my evening "reading" of the Shopbop website.  eyeglasses anyone?) .  Olivia Palermo is one of my best girlfriends when it comes to style mentors - and Jackie O has been an icon of mine for as long as I can remember - but then I'll enter my closet and come out happy as a lark in a pair of harem pants tucked into knee high military boots with a beat-up chunky sweater coat thrown over circa my early 90's grunge phase.  Are you like this, too?  Do you stick to any one style or find yourself moving fluidly between several?

Yesterday's Tucker post made my heart sing because it was so unexpectedly, off-the-wall perfect.  When I was in Canada I wore this and honestly cannot wait to wear it again.  It is probably my favorite blog outfit post to date, however this one ranks right up there as well.  And yet all 3 are distinctly different.  I say all this to say...enter the opposite end of the spectrum.  I'm going to throw myself out there and say there's little chance of us spotting Olivia Palermo in yesterday's outfit, but today's?  Oh yes - it is Olivia P all the way.

 Nothing like yesterday, but still totally my style.
A little closer so you can see the detail on the top and the shorts...
From the side.
And of course the shoes.  Oh the leopard shoes.
Outfit details:  Martin+Osa (RIP I'll never recover) - Cashmere Cardigan, J.Crew - Rosette Tank (last winter?), Aritzia - Faux Leather Shorts, J.Crew - Leopard Mary Jane, Melinda Maria - Jewelry, Tom Ford - Sunnies

With the exception of the shorts each of these items has lived in my closet for at least a year, and I'm really proud of that.  One of my current goals is to work my closet as much as possible and enjoy what I already have.  As for the shorts - one of my "must" stops when I go home is Aritzia.  I have scored some major finds in their stores - they carry everything from top contemporary brands to their own private label items and I was determined to lay hands on a pair of their faux leather shorts for fall...of course I arrived in Canada to discover they were entirely sold out nationwide.  The Manager of their downtown Calgary store was so kind and tracked down the last pair in the company (I was so excited and grateful!!  and they said they should restock in October) in - wait for it - NEW JERSEY.  I went all the way home to find my dream shorts on the other side of the country I just came from.  Gotta love kismet!!  Somethings are just meant to be.  I'm sure Olivia would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post