Mixing It Up: Tucker for Target Part 3

The morning that Tucker for Target was released was a bit of a nightmare (see here).  After finally finding availability at one store I opted to purchase several things knowing that only a few would stay with me and the rest be returned.  It's amazing how items can come together when they're hanging in the closet or splayed across my bed - far from the glaring fluorescent lights and pressure of making a purchase in the store.  Pieces I might not otherwise think of wearing together suddenly come to life and form the best outfits.  When I saw Gaby (Tucker's mastermind) at an event in Laguna Beach and later in LA the thing that struck me about her is how carefree and laid back she is - she mixes prints and patterns with ease - wearing different ones on top and bottom.  The Chef thought it was a little out there; I prefer the term "eclectic"...and very much free bird style.

On Sunday I threw this outfit on and giggled out loud when I turned to look in the mirror.  It had been forming in my mind since I first caught a preview of the line and turned out to be pure magique!  Don't you love when that happens?  I was feeling pretty good about myself until I noticed that the ad campaign totally put the same two pieces together - oh well, at least I can say I'm catching Gaby's flavor!!  For some reason I totally felt like Mrs. Roper (my hero!) when I was out and about in the outfit...anyone else catching that vibe?

 It all began with this descent.
 And the next thing you knew I was standing in a bunch of thistles.  
 The cami dress lying perfectly beneath the signature mid-length
...while I tried to get visions of rodents nests in the grass out of my mind.
The outfit is so insane - I'm in love with it!!
Two of my friends are missionaries to Africa.
 The bracelet and the necklace were gifts from them -
and were handcrafted in Uganda.
They're absolutely splendid and unique in design.
The tights and shoes are what really take this outfit to a whole other level.
(that and my disheveled nest of hair and all the thorns stuck in my flesh through the tights)
 Check the dress from the back - totally flowy and perfect for a fall day.
Well, almost fall on that day.
The next thing you knew it was time to tiptoe back through the weeds
and pray to God there weren't any snakes or mice out there. Ugh!!
(not to be mistaken for UGG! by Jimmy Choo sorry I couldn't resist)
Also doubles as a superhero outfit.  Ideal for scaling walls...even dirt ones.

Item details:  Tucker for Target - Camisole Dress in Halo, Tucker for Target - Signature Dress in Floral Print, Steve Madden - Empiire Cloxford, Anthropologie - Tights

Do you feel tense when you take outfit pictures?  I totally do!! Do you find the more unexpected or glam an outfit is, the less stress you feel?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  And stay tuned for a guest post within the week over at Jess's blog Cheap But Chic where I'll be doing an item comparison of my regular Tucker blouse with one from the Tucker by Target line.  I'll let you know once it's up - if you've been holding off purchasing a blouse that post might help you make your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post