Transition Inspiration: Isabel Marant RTW Fall 2010

For the past 5 days in Southern California Mother Nature has graciously paid us back in full (and in record time) for the summer we were robbed of.  Two of my best friends were visiting and we had a great time taking in the warmth, but when they left this afternoon I have to say I kind of wished the hot weather would have departed as well.  Don't get me wrong - it's been great to wear summer clothes in appropriate temperatures, but now it's time to cut to present.  How can I possibly get excited to even talk about fall fashion much less take an outfit picture in July-like weather?  It doesn't feel like fall at all...I mean I've eaten ice cream for breakfast 3 days in a row!

The truth is we usually get a zap of heat in September/October that causes us to pause on the fall wardrobe.  It made me wonder today - what have I done in the past? So tonight I spent some time rooting around in the closets before turning to Isabel Marant's Ready-To-Wear Fall Line for inspiration.  Without fail, I fall in love with every piece of her collection season after season.  Her clothing speaks to my heart in all the right ways and knows just what I want before I can articulate it, her Fall 2010 collection being no exception.  It is absolutely perfect warm weather transition wear and I felt renewed vigor staring at the looks over and over again.  It's like Grease meets Parisian-chic...

See what I mean?  The rolled denim is perfect and the sparkly bomber adds
just the right unexpected touch.
Can someone please tell me where I can get red, cropped skinny denim?
And don't even get me started on the amazing jacket.
Never before have I so longed for electric blue sequined denim.
This is one I could replicate so quickly if I just had the pants!!
I won't even comment.  The outfit speaks volumes all on its own.

The most important thing I took away from watching this show (on repeat for an hour, I might add) is that even though I may not be able to afford all these separates - I can look in my closet and find similar shapes and silhouettes to create really great warm weather fall transition outfits.  Isabel Marant continues to be a designer I look to for inspiration because she doesn't follow rules - she follows what she likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post