Nice Day for a Beach Wedding

Throwback to Billy Idol there (for those of us who remember who he is...ahhh youth).

On Saturday the Chef and I attended the wedding of one of my best friends.  We have seen each other through a lot the past 5 years, so to see her so happy is truly a joyous thing...and boy did she look gorgeous.  I teared up!  Now even though no one's looking at anyone other than the bride on the big day, far be it from me to muddy up her pictures with some whack outfit or a winter parka.  Just sayin'.  You know someone's going to get video of someone wiping out or something crazy like that - and with my luck I'll be standing right there, trip over them, and end up on YouTube (not okay).

So what to wear to a wedding on the sand?  January in SoCal means about 70 odd degrees during the day, but it cools down considerably as the sun begins to set.  I went all black with as many silver accents as I could pile on. This way if I ended up on my head all they'd remember is the jewelry and the shoes.  Always plan ahead.

Cute or what??

So I'm sure you're all thinking, "where's the pictures of the bride?!" - and of course the dress.  I planned to first ask Amy before putting her on blast on the internet.  And then when I got there and saw her in her dress and started crying...well let's just say I hope she'll agree to a post on the dress.  I've been to a lot of weddings and seen a lot of beautiful gowns, but there was something really special about hers.  And I do think it went beyond all the sentiment that was expressed in the ceremony and overall day because even the Chef commented.  So let's cross our fingers and hopefully she'll be willing to share some of her pics.  It was sigh worthy.   

Hope you guys had a great weekend!  I'll be sending out emails re:  the White Denim in Winter Challenge.  Woo hoo!!

Outfit details:  T-Luxury Apparel, Martin+Osa-Taffeta Bubble, Manolo Blahnik-Shoes, Cashmere Wrap, Melinda Maria-Bangles, Dyrberg & Kern-Rings, Tom Ford-Sunnies, Foley+Corinna-Mid-City Tote

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post